Too many Icons on the desktop (do not know how much "too many" is) will slow a shut down computer to restart. Generally, this is negligible. Try to stay within (least than) 2 first letter navigation modes. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan" <adi...@bellsouth.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 7:09 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Desktop Icons

Hello Donnie,
I never used to have more than 8 or 9 icons on my desk top, but I started adding some, and now I have 42.

I see absolutely no difference in the speed of my computer between when I had a few and now 42 on my Desk Top!

With Best Regards,
Alan
Miami, Florida
Alan Dicey, President

"Yes, Blind or Visually Impaired People Can, and Do, Play Chess!!!"

United States Braille Chess Association Home Page: http://www.crisscrosstech.com/usbca/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donnie Parrett" <deparr...@prtcnet.org>