I solved my problem by:
opening narrator. then uninstalling jaws, and reinstalling it with the latest update, and all is fine now.

From: "Gary Patterson" <gpatterson...@mchsi.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 2:02 PM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] i need to download the latest update to jaws again,and I can't.

Hi Jim, how about downloading the latest version of JAWS from the web site.
Then, if possible, uninstall the version of JAWS that seems to be hanging
around. You then, regardless of whether the uninstall works or not, install the latest version of JAWS which you downloaded. Perhaps your key count has
reached the limit, 3 I believe.

HTH

Gary Pattersohn
skype id gary.patterson5