I have used Jaws and a braille display. With my hearing loss, it is diffic ult fo rme to work with Jaws in one ear and cuswtomer int he other. it's too hard for me to keep up that way. Therefore, the braille display comes in handy at that point. Wayne "A merry heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones." ----- Original Message ----- From: "Geno" <ridst...@maine.rr.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:01 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Working in a call centre with JAWS

So this will stay on topic of Jaws In most cases and with the help of script
writing the simple answer is yes. Where some people, run into trouble is
getting the brain to multi task effectively. Unless you want a person
knowing you are blind. One wears a head set with Jaws in one, ear, customer
chatting away in the right ear, and you answering the questions or getting
information, while, typing on the keyboard. I have worked and still work at AAA, Call Center where 2 other blind and 2 visually impaired work too. I've been there 10.5 years. As noted if the company is willing to work with you,
some script writing you will be fine. Especially with the latest jaws. If
you are working with a Braille display in combo you are pretty much Golden.
Just my point of view, Geno