I use jaws in a very fast paced call center. All the software is web based. However that don't mean it all speaks with jaws. We have about 6 different utils that do work out of the box and about the same scripted.
So yes, indeed have someone that does scripting check them out.
Also learn jaws very good, because one of its many off handed short cut keys or mouse controls can get you out of trouble quick!