I just tried it alt d does say edit however the address is there. I used the home key then control a and control c and this is what I captured from a weather page:

http://braille.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=17901
-----Original Message----- From: Dan Rossi
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:33 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Snagging a URL

Unless I am doing something wrong, neither f6 nor alt-d does what I
expect.  Firstly, if I turn on keyboard help, neither f6 nor alt-d claim
to do anything.  Secondly, when in internet explorer if I go to a page,
then hit alt-d or f6, it says, ""address edit".  I do not see a URL at
that point.  If I then hit control-c it says "nothing is selected".  If I
go to notepad and hit control-v, nothing is copied.

Also, if I look in the keyboard manager under either default or internet
explorer, neither alt-d nor f6 are defined as key strokes.