The quick way is to select the cells you want to change and hit Control
+ 1 to bring up the Format menu.  If necessary, arrow left or right to
the Numbers page.  Now you should recognize all of the options.

In Excel 2007 or Excel 2010, I highly recommend using the JAWS virtual
menus.  It allows you to navigate through the new ribbons like menus.
This makes it much easier to find all available options.  Going into the
JAWS Settings Manager with Insert + 6, changing to the default settings
with Control + Shift + d, and search for ribbon.  Arrow down to "Use
Virtual Ribbons" and hit Space until it says "checked".  Now Tab to the
"OK" button and hit Enter.

*Don Marang*
Vinux Package Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org
<http://www.vinuxproject.org/>