Your service provider can give you the correct pop and smtp that they use for your service. That way there is no guessing.

At 11:17 AM 4/9/2012, you wrote:
After using web recommendations, I made those changes and still could not send messages. What should the account/server name be? Originally, it was mail.bellsouth.net. Now it seems to be recommended ATT.yahoo.com or mail.yahoo.com. Any thoughts? Thanks. Rich ----- Original Message ----- From: "Melissa Tucker" <melissatuck...@att.net> To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com> Cc: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com> Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 1:05 AM Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Important - Email Issue with Outlook Express andU-Verse > your incomming port should be 995 and outgoing should be 465. 587 has > never worked for me. I'm using at&t to send this message and have uverse. > If you have any other problems with this, or other questions, email me at > melissatuck...@att.net > > > On Apr 8, 2012, at 10:42 PM, tim <z200...@gmail.com> wrote: > >> It wouldn't matter what email client you use as long as you have the >> incoming pop settings and out going smtp settings, the log in pass for >> the account, and have use authentication check. The change to 587 was a >> port change not speed. >> Even OE can do any account out there. but if you just have one setting >> not right. You will get problems. For your problem I would check if >> authentication is checked under server tab in properties for that >> account. >> >> At 08:30 PM 4/8/2012, you wrote: >>> I have XP home and 13. Yesterday, I had Uverse, through AT&T, installed. >>> They gave a new modem and router. Since then, I am unable to  send >>> messages through O E. I receive messages okay, and everything else  >>> with the computer seems to work well. When I am on the internet, and >>> access my e mail, I am able to send messages that way.  After >>> talking to tech support at Uverse, I was told that my O E needs to be >>> configured to work with Uverse.   I’ve¢ve gone through the settings in >>> O E for accounts/properties/etc. The only change that seemed major was >>> increasing the speed in the “portâ€Â section for oor outgoing messages to >>> 587.   I also have a second computer that is working on wifi, and I >>> now have the same, “sendâ€Â issue.  Are there any otherther settings I >>> need to change? Or, does anyone have suggestions on how to configure O E >>> with Uverse?  On the same topic, if I were to change to Outlook,what >>> should I be aware of? Is it an easy upgrade and would it work better >>> with future computer changes?   What would I need to do to >>> transition from O E to Outlook? And, would this be a good thing to do >>> since, O E seems to be less compatible with upcoming technology?  >>> Thanks! For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit: >>> http://www.jaws-users.com/help/ >> >> >> For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit: >> http://www.jaws-users.com/help/ > > For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit: > http://www.jaws-users.com/help/ For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit: http://www.jaws-users.com/help/