Thanks, David. It worked like a charm.
Jo

From: "David Ferrin" <ow...@jaws-users.com>
Sent: September 10, 2012 12:44 PM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] how to set JAWS not to say "checked" on desktop

Open up Windows Explorer.

Go to the tools menu and select options.

Control tab once.

Tab once.

Go down that list until you find use check boxes to select items and hit the
space bar.

It sounds like yours is checked so space bar will un-check it.

Then tab to apply to hit enter or just alt + A. Then hit enter again.
David Ferrin
Compromise is never good if it means sacrificing a principle.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jo Luland" <jolul...@verizon.net>