Recently, I have begun to experience problems accessing Amazon.com using IE 8
with JAWS 9 (or JAWS 13 in demo mode, for that matter) and XP.  If I type a
search phrase into the search edit field on the Amazon.com home page, the
search results page comes up just fine.  But sometimes, when I click on one of
the search results to learn more about a particular product, JAWS suddenly goes
silent, and the page does not load completely.  I then have to launch NVDA to
close the "stuck" page with Windows Task Manager, which usually, but not always
restores JAWS to speech.  Once JAWS starts speaking again , I can unload NVDA.
If I try to access Amazon.com using Firefox 29, I cannot locate any search edit
field on the home page like I can with IE.  Indeed, with Firefox, there appears
to be no search edit field at all on the Amazon.com home page, and the only way
to access a search field is to click on the link for accessing the version of
Amazon.com optimized for screen readers.  But I don't l
 ike this optimized version of Amazon.com, because the results page leaves out
a lot of information I am interested in, like overall review ratings for each
product.  Is there any way to locate the search edit field on the Amazon.com
home page using Firefox, or otherwise access the same normal home page with
Firefox that comes up when I access it with IE?  Thanks for any feedback.

Gerald