From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimi...@verizon.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Problems Accessing Amazon.com

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with Amazon.com.  I do a
lot of shopping there, and the JAWS hanging problem is turning into a major
nuisance.  When I access Amazon.com using Firefox 29, the first link at the
top of the home page is for accessing the version of Amazon.com optimized
for screen readers.  But whether I press "E", or scroll down from the top of
the page using the down arrow key, I cannot locate any search edit field.
There are plenty of links for products that Amazon is trying to push, along
with links to products I have recently viewed, but no way to search for a
particular product of interest.  I suspect that Firefox recognizes JAWS and
automatically suppresses the normal home page to force screen reader users
to access the optimized home page on which there is a search edit field.
But as I stated earlier, the optimized version of Amazon.com for screen
readers leaves a lot to be desired.

Gerald