From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Merv Keck
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:46 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Problems Accessing Amazon.com

Hi,

I am using Jaws 15 and Internet Explorer 11. However, I surmise that these
tips may be helpful with other versions of both Jaws and Internet Explorer.
I cannot speak for Firefox, however, because I do not have it installed on
either one of my Windows 7 sixty four bit computers.

First of all, Amazon has begun to crowd it's pages with far too much
information. Between flash and graphical buttons and links it is very
difficult sometimes to navigate to the place you want to go.

The past forty days I have been updating our two bedroom two bathroom
apartment and I have been ordering items from Amazon almost every day. I use
the following navigational guidelines to speed up my browsing.

First, knowing that there will be about 350 links on the page including
pictures, I give it a chance to load. Then I press "e" to put me the search
dialog box. Once I type my keyword for which I am searching. For example
dining table. I give it another chance to load another page of too many
links and pictures and graphics after I have pressed enter. Now to the
individual who posed this question, I am not attempting to insult your
intelligence with baby steps. I am giving detailed instructions for anyone
who wants them but who is not as experienced with jaws or with Internet
Explorer as you no doubt are. Smile!

Anyway once this page of search results has been loaded I narrow down my
results because I am a Prime user. Even if you do not have Prime you can
benefit by the same keystrokes. I hit "h2" and this will take me over to
heading 2 where Jaws will voice a selection of options that Amazon has such
as Prime  or if I do not want to eliminate Prime shipping I can further down
arrow and choose other options such as add ons  or color choices  or price
limits and so on. I can press enter on each choice and each time give Amazon
a few seconds for the page to load and then press "h" to cycle through my
options instead of arrowing through the very noisy page of hundreds of links
that sometimes freezes Jaws or even Internet Explorer.

Once I have found an item I want to look at more closely for example a
specific dining table I press enter and the page for that table will load
with another 200 links including pictures and graphical links. I can also
use the "h" to skip a bunch of amazon pushes for everything from Kindle
unlimited to Kindle fire to amazon phone etc. This will speed me through the
adds for what others who looked at this choice eventually purchased to the
reviews and the technical specifications which I really want to see and I
can go right to the combo box where I can select more than one of this item
and then arrow right down to add to cart.

This also allows me to skip their new little trick where they put one click
purchasing right below add to cart so that will get turned on and they can
sell me stuff automatically without me even knowing it if I am not very
careful.

And once I am done instead of playing around with the "b" over and over
where they try to sell me tons of other stuff that is claimed to be related
to what I just bought which is a bunch of crap, Laughs! I just hit Jaws very
useful "Insert + F7" and choose "My cart" or whatever your cart happens to
be named. And then hit "b" and it will take you to proceed to checkout right
away.

That will save you a whole lot of time which will keep your jaws and your
browser from freezing up with all the adds and extra links and extra
graphical buttons and ads that amazon has recently started adding.

HTH

Blind5sparrow