i have the subject line in the body of the email.
all other screen readers that i have tried do not exbit this behavior.

On 9/14/2014 5:15 PM, Jim Pursley wrote:
Double or even triple speaking occurs when new messages arrive and I'm out of Thunderbird but still have it opened. I've selected to be informed by an audio sound and speaking detail when new messages arrive. I just hit the control key to silence the pesky announcement, but at least I can screen the new mail to see if it's something demanding immediate attention or not.

Try the advanced setting..just in Thunderbird if you wish. Ins V is specific to the location you are in when you use it.

I don't find the subject line in the body of a message per se. It's the first thing JAWS reads. I've set my system for income and outgoing e-mails to be in HTML, so it takes a few seconds to load the e-mail message. If I get impatient, I just begin arrowing down to the first message line, skipping everything else.