I'm not sure this is what you're talking about but most documents I download from the web always come through in "protected" form. I route JAWS to PC cursor and arrow to where it says "enable editing," and the route PC to JAWS and then switch to VC. There may be an easier way but this works for me. Good luck

-----Original Message----- From: Cowle, Jodell
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 2:30 PM
To: 'jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com'
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Protected PDF Documents & Jaws

Hi,

I have JAWS Version 16 and Windows 7. During this past week I have had difficulty with two different .pdf documents, both protected. I cannot say more about the protection, JAWS says protected document, and I am able to read it for a while. Then my computer slows down drastically, JAWS loses focus, and I cannot use my computer until I give it a hard reset or a sighted person closes the .pdf document. Has anyone had this experience or know of a way to get around it. Also, this last document has links to other documents which I need to access, but they don't show up as links. When I enter on their names nothing happens. This may be a separate issue, but also important to me, as I need to read this documentation for work. BTW, I am using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro. I am investigating having Acrobat Reader installed to see if this might help. I would appreciate any ideas from this list.

Thank you.

Jodi

Jodi Cowle
City of Madison, Information Technology