This seems like a great way to handle protected PDF files so I thought I would try it on a file I previously had problems with. Since the last time I tried this document I have updated Adobe reader to Version 11. When I opened the document It opened without any difficulty. When I pressed the alt key; lo and behold no ribbon, just an old fashioned "file", "edit", "view" menu.It appears that Adobe reader VI no longer uses the ribbon. Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Gopi Bala
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 6:49 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Protected PDF Documents & Jaws

I use the following steps to remove the document from Protection mode:

1. press ALT Key once. This will enable the ribbon / menu bar
2. press Control TAB and this will move the PC cursor to the information bar
that announces File Protection information. Use the Right Arrow once and you
will hit the ENABLE EDITING Button. Hit the space bar once and your document
is now off Protection mode.

hTH.

Cheers!

Gopi Bala