When my wife needs to see something on my screen, I simply unload the
screen reader.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of J.Cyr
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 2:39 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS-Users] JAWS & sighted
assistance

Louise,
The real mystery to me is why so many of us have been (apparently)
suffering in our separate silences!

There are commands to bring the two cursors together but as far as I can
tell while they do generally (if not always) relocate a cursor to the
other one they do NOT change what is shown on the screen.  So afraid
that doesn't seem to help our sighted assistants.  In fact I have moved
what Jaws calls the Jaws or mouse cursor and been told that the mouse
cursor had not moved at all.  So what precisely Jaws does when that
"cursor" is being manipulated is a bit of a mystery.

>From simply wanting to share something one is looking at, to really
needing to have a strange behaviour explained, not to mention helped to
accomplish a task, not being able to view the same portion of screen is
a major issue to any Jaws user attempting to work with a sighted person!

Joy