Yes, I spent three hours Thursday with a tech support person who said if it
worked on his computer it should on mine, but seldom if ever gave me a
chance to show him, nice man, but had absolutely no clues installed an IM
program that when I was in the window for was totally and completely silent
but he could mouse around with it so I should be able to do so, none of the
four cursors produced sound that was meaningful, not even "blank."  After it
popped up one time to many making me need to start a report for the fourth
time, I uninstalled it, can't use it, was told by the training department
for the company that they knew it did not work and by a tech that he could
use it so what was my problem.

It was a remote deal, and normally that has worked for me in the past but
this person never tried to truly understand, said he had worked with another
Jaws user and blamed the whole problem on Internet Explorer 11 and told me
to downgrade, can't do that or at least have not been able to because there
is no old version on this relatively new computer.

At least my late husband tried to understand and kept a demo of Jaws on his
computer so he could work on problems I could not solve alone to see if
there really was a problem or a way to get around it.  Sometimes his
description of how everything was laid out helped tremendously.  What I get
lately is "on the far right" or on the left about half way down...  Then
they listen when I pull up a links list or tab forever before I find what
they were talking about or never find it.  I could accept some problems if I
were new to Jaws but have used it since 1998.  Where I in Window Eyes which
I do have on one computer here, I could see them saying I don't know the
program well, I do not know it, have played around with it for a couple of
hours one weekend, it isn't a horrible program but the command structure is
so different that I can't really make progress and would never put it on the
work computer where production is the name of the game.

I have tried to learn scripting on a couple of occasions but, have not been
able to spend a lot of time with it, so although I can modify one if
necessary I can't figure how to write complex ones that may solve some of my
issues, but based on what I have seen probably not.

Rose Combs
roseco...@q.com
A picture may be worth a thousand words but it takes up three times the
memory!