How do you find the program in the list when there is no speech?

Sometimes when this happens at home I can turn on NVDA and it gets
things untangled. But I am not allowed to have NVDA on my work
computers, so there goes that workaround.

I too have seen the skipped characters (most often in Outlook), as
well as my cursor moving eradically around the document so characters
I have typed come out all jumbled up. This happens only with jaws
version 16.

Kimberly