It is likely you still have Jaws 16 on your machine. That is unless you uninstalled it after installing Jaws 17. If you did not uninstall the older version and you still wish to do so, go to programs and features in the control panel, find Jaws 16 then right click it and hit uninstall/change. Remove Jaws only, do not remove the shared components. One more thing, make sure all your programs behave with Jaws 17. Sometimes, programs that work well under one version of Jaws don't work so well under the newer version.

Shane