|I understand the problem you have with CVS and access to history info while
|offline and, perhaps because I rarely have a need for that info, I honestly
|don't have a solution for it.

In fact it is scott that put the best finger on the problem with CVS
1- the comments are usually blanket comments on bulk commits (I know I do it
to)
2- they are a pain in the butt to do get, just to much work if you are
reading a file.

you have to read the code and want to check the changes to really see my
point but trust me once you do it once you realize why the cvs one is brain
dead, hard to get to, useless when you get there.

Ok, let's stop the "democracy" right here, we have enough opinions to have a
clear idea.  I will try to put the guidelines soon,

marcf

|Given the rate at which such info is likely to grow on many files, I can
|forsee problems with the naive approach of just having CVS add the info to
|sourcefiles automatically. For some files, that info is already larger than
|the real sourcecode + comments.
|

|> Is there a way to have cvs include the commits messages automatically?
|
|Yes.
|

|Cheers!,
|
|Micheal
|

|> marcf

|> |
|> |
|> |  User: patriot1burke
|> |  Date: 01/06/13 14:15:23
|> |
|> |  Modified:    src/main/org/jboss/ejb CacheKey.java
|> |  Log:
|> |  comment change
|> |
|> |  Revision  Changes    Path
|> |  1.11      +3 -2      jboss/src/main/org/jboss/ejb/CacheKey.java
|> |
|> |  Index: CacheKey.java
|> |  ===================================================================
|> |  RCS file: /cvsroot/jboss/jboss/src/main/org/jboss/ejb/CacheKey.java,v
|> |  retrieving revision 1.10
|> |  retrieving revision 1.11
|> |  diff -u -r1.10 -r1.11
|> |  --- CacheKey.java 2001/06/13 18:48:15     1.10
|> |  +++ CacheKey.java 2001/06/13 21:15:23     1.11
|> |  @@ -21,7 +21,7 @@
|> |   *
|> |   *   @see org.jboss.ejb.plugins.NoPassivationInstanceCache.java
|> |   *   @author <a href="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">Marc Fleury</a>
|> |  -*   @version $Revision: 1.10 $
|> |  +*   @version $Revision: 1.11 $
|> |   */
|> |   public class CacheKey
|> |       implements java.io.Externalizable
|> |  @@ -68,7 +68,8 @@
|> |    try {
|> |        // Equals rely on the MarshalledObject itself
|> |        mo =  new MarshalledObject(id);
|> |  -     // Make a copy just in case somebody re-uses the instance
|> |  +     // Make a copy of the id to enforce copy semantics and
|> |  +     // allow reuse of the original primary key
|> |        this.id = mo.get();
|> |        // Precompute the hashCode (speed)
|> |        hashCode = mo.hashCode();
|> |