hell,

one thing at a time, my brain can work so fast

|A couple of points:

|- Does your test MBean chuck random rollbacks into the stress test as well?
|The original locking code seemed to be designed great if everything was
|working well, but seemed to have less thought put into when error
|conditions
|showed up(rollbacks).

yes it does, I randomly simulate exceptions,null pointers, and timeouts (by
waiting) and see what happens in the cache.

|- Also, do you really have to have "transactional" locks for entities when
|you have commit option "B" and "C"?  Wouldn't it be better to have an
|instance per transaction and only do method locks?

by design jboss2.0 does a transactional lock.

|- I plan on implementing a read-only instance interceptor for our app.  We
|never want to lock for any reason with read-only entities.  Maybe
|this would
|be useful in the code base.

yes it would be very useful but put in 3.0...

WE NEED TO FREEZE 2.4-2.6 AND MOVE DEVELOPMENT TO THE NEW BRANCH.

(I thought it was frozen already?)

anyway I will try to commit rabbit hole alpha this week (need to fix this
poopoo first) and then we can go hog wash on the rewrite of the
interceptors.  It needs a serious overhaul.

|- Somebody had a great idea earlier of adding "optimistic locking" for
|CMP/JAWS.  Along with this feature, you could write a specialized
|EntityInstanceInterceptor that did not do "transactional locking" with
|commit Option 'A'.  This would be great for beans that had
|read-only invoked
|operations 90% of the time.

yes, that would be interesting, BUT AGAIN I WANT TO FINISH OFF THE 2.X
SERIES WITH THE BUGS REMOVED and the streamlined cache with transactional
locking.

I want 2.x to become a household name and for that I would want to fix what
we have.  It is not what you want today? I agree! code it and move it to
3.0.

WE NEED STABILITY IN FEATURES

So put all that good stuff in the new version.

marcf