A couple of points:

- Does your test MBean chuck random rollbacks into the stress test as well?
The original locking code seemed to be designed great if everything was
working well, but seemed to have less thought put into when error conditions
showed up(rollbacks).

- Also, do you really have to have "transactional" locks for entities when
you have commit option "B" and "C"?  Wouldn't it be better to have an
instance per transaction and only do method locks?

- I plan on implementing a read-only instance interceptor for our app.  We
never want to lock for any reason with read-only entities.  Maybe this would
be useful in the code base.

- Somebody had a great idea earlier of adding "optimistic locking" for
CMP/JAWS.  Along with this feature, you could write a specialized
EntityInstanceInterceptor that did not do "transactional locking" with
commit Option 'A'.  This would be great for beans that had read-only invoked
operations 90% of the time.

Bill