marc fleury wrote:

> as I said the simpler design is with "nopassivation" stuff in it.  I believe
> with gig ram machines floating around you can carefully design your
> deployment so that you will never need passivation.

That's true for 99% of possible installations, but there will always be
databases that won't fit into memory. Also, if you run a single VM on a
1GB linux box and try to give it that big a heap and have the number of
users that that size implies, i suspect you'll have some mighty big
threading and garbage collection issues with the current Tomcat/RMI
implementations.

-danch