|-----Original Message-----

|'incremental' unmarshalling. In general it is an impossible task. Think
|about it. Castor (or any other software) would have to know which pieces
|match where. Say, in the case of ejb descriptors, it would not be enough
|from jboss.xml. You would have to match _names_ and whatever else to make
|sure you are updating descriptor object for the right entity bean. This
|already is _semantic_ interpretation of what stands behind the data in the
|XML file. You can only write a custom combiner that would take 3 object
|trees (say, from ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml and jaws.xml) and produce a
|combined tree, matching appripriate descriptors by hand.

david, you and I should take a page from anatoly's book this is what I call
"complex stuff explained in layman terms" I almost understood it all at once
:)

you are going to write a great phd anatoly, you are going to be a "real"
doctor one day, David, in my office, right this minute ;-)

marcf