> Can Castor merge nested attributes from all the files into one object?  For
> instance, there are elements under ejb-jar/enterprise-beans/entity and
> jboss-cmp/enterprise-beans/entity that should all end up in
> result-dd/enterprise-beans/entity.

Not that I know of. Doing XSLT, would, probably be the best way for such
processing. Castor can only instantiate a new object tree that represents
a given XML file. It cannot 'update' an existing tree from this
'incremental' unmarshalling. In general it is an impossible task. Think
about it. Castor (or any other software) would have to know which pieces
match where. Say, in the case of ejb descriptors, it would not be enough
from jboss.xml. You would have to match _names_ and whatever else to make
sure you are updating descriptor object for the right entity bean. This
already is _semantic_ interpretation of what stands behind the data in the
XML file. You can only write a custom combiner that would take 3 object
trees (say, from ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml and jaws.xml) and produce a
combined tree, matching appripriate descriptors by hand.

Actually, I don't know if XSLT will to that for you, it also does not know
anything about the semantics of the XML files you are combining. It seems
to me, this must be a custom combining solution.

Anatoly.