While I was off line for the last two and a half weeks I worked on a redesign of entities from EntityContainer down. The most important part of the redesign is the replacement of the EntityPersistentManager with some new interceptors. Anyway, I have some questions regarding the container.

Are there any other important EntityPersistentManagers other then BMP and CMP? David, I saw the one in connector and I think it will benefit from the new design as it can return to being just an interceptor.

When are we planing on converting the interceptor to having only a single invoke method? I can easily do this with a new abstract interceptor that breaks into the two methods based on invocation type. Any objections?

Why are the basic interceptor functions like addInterceptor or getInterceptor implemented in EntityContainer and not Container?

Why must the last interceptor, ContainerInterceptor, be defined by the container? Unless there is a reason, I'm going to move this of the container.

Does anyone have any general objections to this change?

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dain Sundstrom