On 2002.10.19 13:55:07 -0400 Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> While I was off line for the last two and a half weeks I worked on a
> redesign of entities from EntityContainer down.  The most important part
> of the redesign is the replacement of the EntityPersistentManager with
> some new interceptors.
very cool.

 Anyway, I have some questions regarding the
> container.
>
> Are there any other important EntityPersistentManagers other then BMP
> and CMP?  David, I saw the one in connector and I think it will benefit
> from the new design as it can return to being just an interceptor.

excellent.

> When are we planing on converting the interceptor to having only a
> single invoke method?  I can easily do this with a new abstract
> interceptor that breaks into the two methods based on invocation type.
> Any objections?

I implemented this a couple of weeks ago and it works except for cmp
relations, so I didn't check it in.  The testsuite was fucked up at the
time, once I got the testsuite working again and found out about the cmr
problem I haven't had time to get back to it. It's probably just a dumb
mistake.  Would you like to take a look?

> Why are the basic interceptor functions like addInterceptor or
> getInterceptor implemented in EntityContainer and not Container?

I think I moved them.

> Why must the last interceptor, ContainerInterceptor, be defined by the
> container?  Unless there is a reason, I'm going to move this of the
> container.

Good.  All the entity/session/mdb setup stuff should be in an interceptor
anyway IMO.

> Does anyone have any general objections to this change?

What I've done might be worth looking at first, save you a day or so.

david