Does this happen only when you try to compile from the IDE? I had a similar
problem with jboss-3.2 early in the build process,  but this was from the
command line. I don't remember all of the details, but if I compiled using
build.sh --debug --verbose (under linux) a MalformedURLException would occur
in java.net, presumably because the resource: protocol type is not recognized
by java.net as a valid type (because it is not a valid standard protocol
type). I attributed this to missing files and/or a corrupt, incomplete, or
misconfigured distribution of buildmagic. But the source for buildmagic was
not to be found anywhere. It has been withdrawn from SourceForge with a
message to the effect that JBoss has appropriated it. But I can't find
buildmagic anywhere on the JBoss site. Have I overlooked something or is
buildmagic closed source? Why isn't the source for buildmagic included with
the rest of the CVS distribution? Do I seriously have to extract the jars and
reverse engineer buildmagic? In any case the name "build MAGIC" is indeed
quite fitting.