On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 10:57 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of David
Jencks
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 12:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-dev] XSLSubDeployer improvements and jca 1.5 mdb
deployment

I've modified the deployment system to allow for multiple xml deployment descriptors. XSLSubDeployer can be configured via the Properties valued DdNameToKeyMap property to import the specified dds and store them in the DeploymentInfo under the specified key. The properties lines look like <dd-name>=KEY.

I've also added the new DeploymentInfoURIResolverFactory which can
resolve uris to documents in the current deployment info or documents
in other DeploymentInfo mbeans.  URIs are of the form
jboss-di://<deployment-info-name>#<key>#<xpath expression>.  The
deployment-info-name and xpath-expression are optional.  The
DeploymentInfoDocumentURIResolver is now obsolete.  I've discovered
that use of two # characters in a URI is ungrammatical so the first
will be changed to ! shortly.

If we're moving to a meta object model,

I'm not convinced we are, I am unconvinced anything more than mbeans is necessary. Configuring mbeans that do the work directly has the nice property that you can see and change what the properties are directly in the jmx console.

please tell me why we need point
pointers into the documents of different deployments?

This has been there since the beginning of jb4. The ra.xml from an adapter is transformed into xmbean descriptors, which need to be included or accessed somehow when an mbean based on one of them is deployed, i.e. when a connection factory is deployed. The change I just made is to let you get to more than one xml doc in a single deployment info, something the current metadata classes do in hardcoded java.

BTW, I am not completely thrilled with the complexity of the xsl stylesheets I'm currently using and am looking for something simpler. Apache Commons Digester looks like a possibility.

david

Bill