Elaborating on the last alternative:

Yes, and to relieve the WebApp from the persistence burden the
DeploymentService could be enhanced to "remember" the properties of a module it
has produced. So then it'd be very easy to "edit" any deployment created
through the console.

Trying also to see how to best package things, we could seperate the
deployments that can be modified by the console, by making it copy stuff to a
subdirectory of deploy e.g:

./deploy
./deploy/console

or if we want to have a full seperation of the console related stuff, we could
have:

./console/
   -   ./templates
   -   ./deploy
   -   ./undeploy
   -   ./properties

and simply point URLDeploymentScanner to both:

./deploy
./console/deploy

A problem I see in general with the console is the dependency to tomcat, since
the console is a webapp itself. Will tomcat be under control of the console? If
tomcat is redeployed what happens to the console webapp?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862551#3862551

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3862551