"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote :
  |   | A problem I see in general with the console is the dependency to
tomcat, since the console is a webapp itself. Will tomcat be under control of
the console? If tomcat is redeployed what happens to the console webapp?
  |   |
  | Great question! Tomcat is meant to be one of the services which the Admin
Console manages. Clearly the approach of using the DeploymentService to update
the instance of Tomcat underlying the Admin Console is not feasible. [The Admin
Console would ask the DeploymentService to create a new Tomcat configuration
and copy it over the existing one, this would have the effect of
undeploying/deploying Tomcat, thus killing the Admin Console]. At best maybe we
could aim for *any* change to Tomcat requiring a server restart? But then we
need a mechanism to support some sort of "delayed" deployment, i.e. create a
new Tomcat configuration but only deploy it when the server restarts, when we
can be sure no-one is connected to the Admin Console.

Will there also be a text-based console?  If so, it would not be vulnerable to
Tomcat changes.  Maybe making immediate changes to Tomcat with the
understanding that you lose your web console would be "good enough" for the
first pass.  The text-based console and the delayed deployment could be part of
the second pass.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862586#3862586

Reply to the post :