wrt a text-based console.  Rich F. has a requirement on the JBoss Network that
there be a command-line interface to the Network admin stuff.  Things like
"deploy new app", "undeploy app", "start instance", "stop instance", etc.
should be also be controllable via command-line/scripts/text console.

Today, I have a command line interface to Command Framework that I'm using to
perform remote commands on an remote instance (specifically, today, I have the
ability to send a remote command via JBoss/Remoting to start/stop JBoss
instances).  This stuff should be fairly extensible so we can add commands and
their client-side API pretty easily.  I would love to be able to see if I can
hook my stuff to your POJOs for deployment.

I suspect we can use this capability to perform your text-console things since
your stuff are just .sar deployed POJOs (my stuff is also just a .sar
deployment on the server side with a command-client.jar client-side API).

I'm getting alot of warm and fuzzies that the JBoss Network will be able to
piggy-back and reuse alot of the stuff you guys are doing.  Let's remain in
close contact so we can track each other.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862592#3862592

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3862592