User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Adding JBoss AS source to a project":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523465#523465

Author  : Denis Golovin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/dgolovin

Message:
That's what I proposed above. We cannot extend source matching mechanism for
jar browsing ( at least I spend an hour to find extension point for that in
JDT). Which means there is only way to configure "Source attachment" for jars
from Server Classpath container, it is ether have a Server Runtime property
which points you to zip/folder in local file system which contains sources or
action/property/whatever which would help to configure it at once for all jars
in server classpath container.

Current eclipse can handle zips with sources and it will be able to found and
match any source inside zip, but it doesn't know how to deal with archives
inside archives. This can be solved by:
1. unpacking all jars/zips with .java files after asking permission from user.
2. by configuring source lookup using lookup type injected through extension
point. This look up should understand archive sources in file system and
archived sources in archive.

I remember Rob mentioned plug-in in our lab component which has similar
functionality and provides source lookup for *.src.zip files in selected for
lookup folder. It can be adjusted to look inside *.jar files and after that we
can handle looking into source archives inside selected source archive or file
system. How, just by adding two types of source lookups: Eclipse's one for
sources in external folder and our new one for archives in file system or
archives inside archive.

Considering all above it looks doable for me