"Simphoukham, Southin" wrote:

> Guy,
>
> I am not using EJB for now, long story... but I will get this team there.
> What I am using JBoss for right now is the connection pooling and in the
> next release maybe JMS, JavaMail, and Connectors to SAP.
>
> I have spent the last 3 hours looking at the problem and it is like a ghost.
> After turning Jboss off and on for sometime I finally see the changes that
> were made to the database via SQLPlus.  What puzzles me is that I can query
> the db but not update to it with the updates immediately committed to the
> db.  The JBoss console tells me that it has a new connection object,
> preparedstatement works get the return code of 1 and JBoss releases the
> connection to the pool.  The int return code from the preparedstatement (a
> java thing) I trust.
You're pulling the DataSource out of JNDI from a servlet/JSP? Are you
doing anything with UserTransaction? The minerva pools really expect to
be used from within a transaction, as far as I know.

> Does JBoss cache the information in memory?  I remember a thread on that but
> a long time ago.
For entity beans, it defaults to commit option A (reference the EJB
spec: the container is the only writer to the database and can therefore
skip ejbLoad at the beginning of transactions). This wouldn't apply here
for two reasons: you're not using entity beans, and it causes problems
in the reverse direction (legacy apps/SQLPlus update data but JBoss
won't pick up the updates)
Confidential e-mail for addressee only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is
unauthorized.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail
and destroy the original communication.