Hi,
start by turning on trace and debug to track your problem down. You get,
somehow a user named "user" that is not authenticated. Where does that
"user" come from. Verry strange, specially since the subject is reported
as null. How do your ra.xml look, and your jms-service.xml.

//Peter

On 11 Mar, Stephen Davidson wrote:
> Hi Peter.
> Ok, this has now become my #1 priority to solve.
>
> As the APPLICATION is handling all users security services, there is no
> security context generated for the users.
>
> As the Users do not have security contexts, do you know a quick way to go
> and generate one for the application?
>
> -Steve
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> On  6 Mar, Stephen Davidson wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Peter.
>>>
>>>The Application had been checking the information stored in the httpSession to see
>if the user had been authenticated.  Then the SLSB was checking to see if the
>>>   user was allowed to access the function requested.  Btw, the current JAAS
>specifications do not currently support the security archictecutre that this
>>>application needs, so the SLSBs have to do their own.  This means that there is no
>Authentication for the Container to do, so I had not been using Container
>>>Authentication/Security.  This means that the only subjects/contexts available
>would be from the container or application directly.  I have not been generating
>>>them in the past, as they had not been needed on the other application servers.
>>>
>>>Btw, the new JBoss security modules may advanced enough that I will be able to
>integrate the application's security handling into JBoss (would make life much
>>>simpler), but right now I am trying to get the current framework ported from Orion
>to JBoss.  And w/o having to rewrite how security is handled.
>>>

>> I don't know about that. From the JMS client perspective nothing has
>> changed. You loogin via the connection, it is on the JMS server side
>> that JAAS are used. As far as I can see it the subject will not be
>> magically propagated. So the bottom line is this: why do your user not
>> get authenticated.
>>
>> - Have you configured jmsra to use a specific user?
>> - Do you have special destinations for wich that user do not belong to
>>   the correct role.
>> - Did you happen to refresh you copy in the middle of my commit -
>>   perhaps missing the auth.conf commit, which is verry important.
>>
>> I have tested this a million times...it would be typical if the first
>> that happend to use it stumble om something unexpected.
>>
>> //Peter
>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Steve

>that a servlet is calling an SLSB, and that SLSB is trying to pop a message on a
>fact that the Exceptions and StackTraces are NOT being propagated back to the

>with it?
>authentication/permissions due to some unusual security requirements (and the fact
>that JAAS
>created/implemented).

>NOT authenticated

>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsManagedConnection.<init>(JmsManagedConnection.java:162)
>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(JmsManagedConnectionFactory.java:84)
> [...]

Peter Antman    Chief Systems Architect, Business Development
Technology in Media, Box 34105 100 26 Stockholm
WWW: http://www.tim.se  WWW: http://www.backsource.org
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +46-(0)8-506 381 11 Mobile: 070-675 3942