Hi all,

  I'm new to both JBoss and EJB, and am working through the online manual to
get accuainted with both.  My environment/platform includes
jboss-3.0.0RC3_tomcat-4.0.3, Win2k Pro, and jdk 1.3.

  I have taken the CD Collection example from the manual and modified it
slightly.  The application (code attached) is a (T-)Shirt Collection that is
supposed to demonstrate CMP by storing and finding Shirts with
name/size/color attributes.

  As in the CD Collection example, the findAll() method is declared, but not
implemented, as this should be done by the container.  It appears that the
container is leaving out a crucial part of the SQL required for this.  Here
is the output from the ShirtClient application.

     [java] Context retrieved
     [java] ref == ShirtCollectionHome
     [java] home == ShirtCollectionHome
     [java] Printing all shirts in this collection...
     [java] finder exception trying to print all :
javax.ejb.FinderException: Find failed: java.sql.SQLException: Unexpected
token: FROM in statement [SELECT  FROM Shirt]
     [java] Shirts added successfully.
     [java] Printing all shirts in this collection...
     [java] javax.ejb.FinderException: Find failed: java.sql.SQLException:
Unexpected token: FROM in statement [SELECT  FROM Shirt]

  The application tried to read all stored shirts, then tried to add some
shirts, and finally, tried to read all shirts again.  Both read operations
failed because "SELECT  FROM Shirt" is invalid.  I believe that "SELECT *
FROM Shirt" is the correct expression, and should be used instead.

  Is this a known issue?  Is there something I need to change to get this to
work?

  Also, I would like to familiarize myself with the Hypersonic db embedded
in jboss, and to verify that the shirts are in fact being added to that
database.  Is there a SQL or other tool that I can use to access the db
manually?

  - Matt