onsdagen den 6 november 2002 kl 13.51 skrev saroj kumar:

1) If there is no container then how do we parse the XML?

2) If there are no Entity beans then how do you query?

3) If Above points are sorted out then how do we achieve complex
joins/unions?
How would Hibernate stand up ? ...

As a bonus Hibernate has a JMX component to be run in jboss -> how-to configure "Hibernate JMX in JBoss" in the FAQ section.

/peter_f

*** from Performance Q&A @ http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/
We claim that Hibernate performs well, in the sense that its performance is limited by the underlying JDBC driver / relational database combination. (Generally the overhead is between 5% and 15% of the JDBC calls.)
***
*** from About Hibernate FAQ @ http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/
Use a Session EJB to control transactional scope, security, threading and remoteablity. Use Hibernate for persistence. Arguably, the J2EE architecture went wrong when it tried to address too many separate problems with a one-size-fits-all solution. Most business objects are too fine grained to make good entity beans.
***
*** from Best Practices @ http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/
use hand-coded JDBC in bottlenecks
In performance-critical areas of the system, some kinds of operations (eg. mass update / delete) might benefit from direct JDBC. But please, wait until you know something is a bottleneck. And don''t assume that direct JDBC is necessarily faster.
If you need to use direct JDBC, it might be worth opening a Hibernate Session and using that SQL connection. That way you can still use the same transaction strategy and underlying connection provider.
***