Would this allow JBossQL be used in an ad-hoc manner?  So you could use
it in a very similar way to JDBC, but in the EJB domain rather than the
database domain?

A simple solution might be to have a JBossQL -> Native SQL convertor, so
you can use the standard JDBC functionality provided by your database,
but write your queries in JBossQL.  I expect this functionality must
already exist somewhere.

--
Peter Beck BEng (hons)  - Managing Director, Electrostrata Ltd.
http://www.electrostrata.com  --+-+--  Experts in e-business and