Pete Beck wrote:
I think the confusion arises where people people assume EJB's were
designed for object persistance.

They weren't, and in fact the persistance stuff was probably added more
as an afterthought than anything.

[...]

However, as CMP was the only standard that offered a way of doing O/R
mapping, naturally a lot of people started using it for this job.

[...]

Thank you for posting this, as I have not yet learned enough about EJB (or JDO for that matter) to have an opinion on this subject. But it seems that what you suggest is at odds with some of the writings of Marc Fleury. I am trying to reconcile all of these different perspectives somewhat. I wonder if this means that Sun is going to put less emphasis on CMP and encourage that EJBs use JDO BMP ?

Erik