No, I am not just talking about separate logging via an appender.

I am talking about being able to have ALL logging jar and configuration in the
WAR/EAR - with ZERO interaction or dependency on jBoss.

As a matter of fact, I am even talking about my application having its own jars
for all of the apache commons libraries and NEVER see the logging, commons,
dom, etc jars from jBoss.  Log4j is just a symptom of a much bigger problem.

This is essential if you are going to build an application that is to be
deployed in multiple servers.  The EAR has to be built once, including all the
jars that it relies on, and be deployed - untouched - to jBoss, Weblogic,
Websphere, etc.

The solutions I have seen proposed all rely on the log4j.jar from jBoss.  If
the log4j.jar in the application is a different version than jBoss' then
everything breaks.  This is the jBoss configuration problem that I need to fix.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868823#3868823

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3868823