At 11:50 AM 4/5/01 -0600, Robert Mecklenburg wrote:
>RM> jde-compile-option-sourcepath
>RM> jde-compile-option-directory
>RM> jde-gen-cflow-if
>RM> jde-gen-cflow-else
>RM> jde-gen-cflow-elseif
>RM> jde-gen-cflow-while
>RM> jde-gen-cflow-for
>RM> [ are not being saved ]
>
>RM> Notice that jde-gen-cflow-* aren't being saved for me and those
>RM> are not in my .emacs customization.
>
>NS> Let me understand - are you customizing jde-compile-option-* and
>NS> jde-gen-cflow-* at the project level?
>
>Okay, here is some more information.  I have been saving my jde
>customizations in the file prj.el (using jde-save-project) at the top
>level of my project.  When I upgraded from 2.2.6 I did not alter or
>delete my existing prj.el file.  I just let jde read the file and
>decide for itself which variables have been customize and which have
>not.
>
>After a little more investigation, here's what I've learned.  From my
>*scratch* buffer:
>
>;;; this is modified from the defaults
>jde-gen-cflow-if
>("(if (jde-parse-comment-or-quoted-p)" "'(l \"if\")" "'(l '> \"if (\" (p
>\"if-clause: \" clause) \" )\"" "(if jde-gen-k&r " "()" "'>'n)"
>"\"{\"'>'n'>'r'n" "\"}\"'>'n'>)" ")")
>
>;;; the custom-type matches the defcustom sexp
>(get 'jde-gen-cflow-if 'custom-type)
>(repeat string)
>
>;;; Oops, shouldn't this be non-ni?
>(get 'jde-gen-cflow-if 'customized-value)
>nil

It should be, IF you used customize to set the value and the customization
was valid. However, if you used a setq statement somewhere, say in your
.emacs file,  to set this variable, the 'customized-value property would
not be set. Certainly

get 'jde-gen-cflow-if 'customized-value)

returns the customized value on my system.

- Paul