Hi Jim,

I am now have second thoughts both about simply acceding and about the
choice of a name. Your comments make a lot of sense. Maybe I can reach a
middle ground with J.D. Edwards. The best scenario would be if they
accepted our continued use of JDE. If they won't accept that, I would
prefer JDEE over JMode because it is a full acronym for the J(ava)
D(evelopment) E(nvironment) for E(macs). JDEE was my first choice but I had
discarded it as possibility because somebody had said that any acronym that
contained JDE would be considered an infringement. Your research seems to
suggest that it would be okay. I will try the approach that you suggest.

- Paul