> This awareness problem is huge.  Did you notice how many Slashdot comments
> were related to transports?  Someone should submit a Slashdot article that
> actually explains what the heck Jabber really is, so we can end the
confusion
> already.

I plan to write an article targetted at Senior Executives at why they need
to adopt an Open Protocol and the advantages of using an XML based protocol
that has been tested in the real world in the next couple of weeks.

> > I had posted a reply to the article, about this subject, and someone
> > mentioned possibly renaming the protocol in order to help people realise
> > this.

While the word Jabber may sound cool, it has a negative meaning. It means
"to talk or say something rapidly, so that it is incomprehensible". But
renaming the protocol may be a very emotional issue.

Regards,
Ashvil