Greetings,

I've followed the development of Jabber for a long time, looking at it
from an end-user perspective. (And if I ever learn to program I'd like to
take a shot at playing with the code.)

I think most people do see Jabber just as an IM system, at least when
they first come to it. Following the project I know it can do much more.
The idea for writing an article for Senior Management that Ashvil
mentioned could help to change people's minds about the uses for Jabber.
(I hope you will let us know when it is ready.)

However, I think the one thing that will convince people what the
possibilities are of the Jabber system is to build something they can
use. That way they can 'see it in action' and see that it does more than
just IM. If it is presented to end users as an IM system, that is all
they will see it as.

And not trying to stir up any trouble, but has anyone talked to the
people at Trillian about supporting Jabber servers? I know many people
that use it as an IM client. It is a nice, easy to use client. Adding in
support for one more system (Jabber) could only make it better and give
Jabber a big boost.

Most of the people I've talked to don't want to have to have yet another
desktop icon for IM systems. That is why they went to Trillian in the first
place. They are also afraid of downloading and installing the Jabber clients
since they 'aren't finished being developed.'

Just some thoughts that I hope will help.

James Husum
BiznizWEB, Inc.
http://www.biznizweb.com/
http://www.scifitvfans.com/