On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, //Chill wrote:

> I feel most Flash programmers have no idea how useful something like Jabber
> could be to their productivity and programming set. As something of a Jabber
> advocate, I feel obliged to show flashers the possibilities available, and
> to hopefully push the protocol into a new direction. To this effect I'm a
> developer on JabberFlash under Yannick Conan and have bought FlashXML.org in
> order to extend the Flash/XML FAQ and educate Flash programmers on Flash and
> XML/Jabber. Unlike past flash and Jabber projects my work is explicitly NOT
> an instant messenger thing, but a broader appeal to gaming, chat and
> community in general.
>
> I think the Slashdot article and these threads have made me realize I can
> possibly contribute more to Jabber. Does anyone on the list have any
> suggestions on things I could do? Such as affiliate myself with Jabber in
> some way? Sorta new, figuring it out as I go...

Sounds like you're already helping a lot by increasing awareness in the
Flash community. I agree that Flash/Jabber integration would be really
valuable. I know that Jeremie added a hack to the jabberd server to enable
a special connection type for Flash clients (I think the Jabber, Inc. did
something about this on their commercial server as well), and it would be
good to standardize on that (<stream:flash> anyone?).

Happy to see that you flashers are interested in something beyond IM, too.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
email+jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]