mån 2003-12-01 klockan 19.05 skrev Peter Saint-Andre:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 06:23:16PM +0100, Magnus Henoch wrote:
> > XMPP IM states in section 11.3 that a resource with a negative
> > priority will not receive message or presence stanzas.  What will
> > happen to those stanzas instead?
> >
> > For example, if a client sets negative priority when the user is away,
> > will it receive notification of accumulated presence changes when it
> > sets a positive priority again, and similarly for messages?  Or is it
> > simply a bad idea to rely on such behavior?
>
> Those stanzas get sent to /dev/null -- if you don't like that behavior,
> don't set your presence to a negative number. ;-) This functionality is
> mainly for non-chat nodes, rather than normal IM clients.

Oh :((( I had really been waiting for this in the servers since it would
make it possible to not have messages delivered to clients that are
away.

For example, I leave my computer as online but away at home when I go to
work, I don't want any messages delivered to the client since I'm not
there, after that I go to work and I want my messages to be routed there
instead, and all the messages sent while I was on the bus.

Would it be possible to have something like this? Some way of notifying
the server that you don't want particular messages. Like "Please deliver
presence messages but not messages"? Ie. some way of filtering what gets
delivered to a particular client and what gets stored offline.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Imendio HB                     http://www.imendio.com