> And how do you define "guaranteed delivery"? At least once? At most
> once? Delivery with receipt? Delivery with receipt per-hop? Delivery
> with cryptographically signed receipts?

I think delivered and delivered once would be good enough for me.
If not delivered for any reason, I'd like to be notified about it
so that I'll resend it. But the ideal solution would be like yahoo
or msn messenger which store undelivered messages and retries (if
the remote user is not online or not reachable.)

>> Requests will be a few KBytes, replies a few KBytes to a few hundred
>> KBytes typically. For larger replies, I suppose I can chunk them up

> Hmm. XMPP is not optimized for sending around 100k+ messages.

Would 64KB chunks a reasonable thing to do?

Thanks,
jlist