Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 3/9/09 2:43 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> I think it would be valuable to hold a groupchat once a month as a venue
>> for community discussion. I'm calling this the "Monthly XMPP Meeting" or
>> MXM (you can pronounce it like "mix 'em"). I propose that we hold the
>> first discussion this Thursday, March 12, at 20:00 UTC in the chatroom
>> at j...@conference.jabber.org. If there are topics you'd like me to put
>> on the agenda, please let me know. Otherwise I'll just make it up. :)
>
> OK, I came up with a theme for this meeting: "Why I Hate XMPP". :)
>
> https://stpeter.im/?p=2528

Good starting point. I like the first one and have more details to it:

  If I want to create a client/server, what do I need to implement? Yes,
  there are XEP-0242 and XEP-0243, but I'm scared of before I scrolled
  down to that point

  What do I need to implement VoIP would be answer question.

But back to the question about what I hate:

1. Specs are not always written for developers. It looks code on paper
   but it does not fit into the state machine of lib/client foo

2. Many experimental XEPs are not implemented because nobody wants to be
   the first. Or "I can not implement it in a client without server
   support" and "It makes no sense to implement it into a server without
   a client using it"

3. Some XEPs have a scary small scrollbar in my browser. I don't want to
   read everything (good example is PubSub)

Dirk

--
I am a friend of the working man, and I would rather be his friend
than be one.