On Thursday 12 March 2009 10:24:21 Pedro Melo wrote:
> As for the IM service, I would keep it running and continue to accept
> new users as the "backup route for new jabber users": if they are not
> introduced to a more local jabber service then you can always have
> Jabber.org.

A friend once said to me: "I hate Jabber, it's always down!"  True, jabber.org
had gone down for several minutes while he was in the middle of chatting, on
multiple occasions.  He can be rightfully angry about that, but I had to
explain to him that it was jabber.org, not "Jabber" which was at fault.

>From then on I always recommended Google Talk to new users.  It doesn't really
matter if Google has better uptime.  The point is to get the blame right.

-Justin