Openfire has a connection manager [1], but you didn't say if the 'multiple
client streams' were xmpp or legacy.  Also I would guess that connection
managers would have to be set up bu the administrator (not by random
connecting users)

[1] http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/connection_manager.jsp

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:38 PM, RaviKant Cherukuri <rkdee...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Is there a way to multiplex multiple client streams each belonging to a
> different user on the same TCP connection? The closest I could find was the
> BOSH XEP that talks about multiplexing using some sort of a session id. Is
> there a way to do this on a TCP connection? If not, is BOSH a recommended
> way of doing this?
>
> Federation would be great for this but if the target network does not
> support federation, and a gateway is connecting as a client (I think meebo
> does this), are there any XMPP tricks that can help me out?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Ravikant

- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: nor...@rasmussen.co.za