You can 'multiplex' multiple resources into one stream. Not sure about server
support though.

-----Original Message-----
From: Norman Rasmussen <nor...@rasmussen.co.za>
Sent: 23 January 2010 05:46 PM
To: Jabber/XMPP software development list <jdev@jabber.org>
Subject: Re: [jdev] Multiplexing large number of client connections

It seems that openfire's xep [2] uses very similar stanza's to jabberd2's
Component Protocol [3].

[2] http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1210
[3] http://codex.xiaoka.com/wiki/_media/jabberd2:component.html

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Norman Rasmussen <nor...@rasmussen.co.za>
wrote:
Openfire has a connection manager [1], but you didn't say if the 'multiple
client streams' were xmpp or legacy.  Also I would guess that connection
managers would have to be set up bu the administrator (not by random connecting
users)

[1] http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/connection_manager.jsp